Reform Software Hardware Requirements
- Reform 15 Base (see Reform Base Manual)
- For Evaluation and Demonstration: Windows (7,8,10), Server 2008, 2012, 2016 & 2019 (64-Bit only)
- For Production Systems: Windows Server 2012, 2016 & 2019 (64-Bit only)
- Microsoft SQL Server (SQL Server Express will be automatically installed by the installer when needed)
- Virtual servers are fully supported.
- Processors: 1-2 minimum
- RAM: 4 GB
- HDD Space: 50 GB
- Misc: Battery Backup (recommended)
Both VM Ware and Hyper-V are tested and supported. Document throughput may be affected due to the nature of virtual machines. VM will distribute and divide the Network card, Hard Drive and Processor among the other VMs being supported by the physical server.
Typically antivirus must be configured to exclude the directory of the Reform software. This is because anti-virus applications may interfere with the software. For example, in some cases, it may cause a service to take longer than expected to start. This could cause the service to time out and fail to start. Antivirus may lock temporary files to scan them while the files are in use by our application. This could cause sporadic issues such as delays or lost documents since files are not able to be processed when they are locked. There are two rules for best practices:
- The antivirus software should exclude the directory where the software is installed. (For Example:
- The firewall/antivirus should allow SMTP emails to be sent from the server